Elevated enough to reserve for the weekends and easy enough to eat any day of the week, these entirely plant-based pancakes are a nutrient-packed dish both kids and kids at heart will love.
2 Banana – 1 1/2 cup mashed
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 1/4 cup Almond Milk, unsweetened – reserve 1/4 cup to thin out batter
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
1/2 cup Walnuts, raw, unsalted – toasted
In a bowl, blend 2 bananas, coconut oil and 1 cup of almond milk on LOW, PULSE until blended.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and blend on LOW speed.
- Mix in walnuts. Add in more almond milk if needed to thin out batter.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium. Carefully rub skillet with an oiled paper towel.
- For each pancake, spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet leaving 1” apart from other pancakes.
- Cook until the surface of pancakes has some bubbles, around 1-2 minutes. With a spatula, carefully flip and cook the other side for 1-2 more minutes until golden brown.
Recipe: Banana Bread Pancakes
Serving in this recipe: 4
Total Fat: 14.3 g 21.9%
Saturated Fat: 4 g 19.8%
Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
Sodium: 349.1 mg 14.5%
Total Carbs: 49.2 g 16.4%
Dietary Fiber: 4.3 g 17.3%
Sugar: 14.6 g
Protein: 6.5 g 12.9%
Vitamin A: 0.1% Vitamin C: 9%
Calcium: 30.4% Iron: 14.5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.