A sweet and cinnamony apple filling meets a crisp and buttery crumble topping to make the most delicious apple crumble pie. Enjoy it warm with a scoop of vanilla nice cream!
Preheat oven to 180°C with the rack in the middle position.
- To make the crumble topping, add pecans to the pitcher and pulse 3 times or more for the desired chopped size. Remove and reserve in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour, rolled oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt into the pitcher and run on MED for 10 seconds to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse, about 5 times, to create pea-sized pieces. Remove and mix with the reserved pecans in the bowl.
- To make the apple filling, slice apples. Transfer sliced apples to greased baking dish.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients and stir gently to combine and coat sliced apples.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apple mixture to cover evenly. Cover baking dish with tin foil and bake for 1 hour at 180 degrees.
- At 30 minutes, remove foil and continue baking for 30 more minutes or until the top is golden.
- Let it cool and serve with a scoop of vanilla nice cream.
Recipe: Apple Crumble Pie
Serving in this recipe: 6
Total Fat: 14.6 g 22.4%
Saturated Fat: 5.4 g 27.1%
Cholesterol: 20.4 mg 6.8%
Sodium: 104.1 mg 4.3%
Total Carbs: 42.9 g 14.3%
Dietary Fiber: 5.7 g 22.8%
Sugar: 22.2 g
Protein: 3.5 g 7%
Vitamin A: 4.6% Vitamin C: 3.5%
Calcium: 4.7% Iron: 7.9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.